You are here
Blenheim Palace Fun Ride
The inaugral fun ride ran at Blenheim in 2012. It was a huge success and has grown in popularity ever since. Now 300 everyday riders are able to enjoy some of the private roads and tracks of the Blenheim Estate.
The ride, which covers approximately 10 miles, incorporates some optional fences of 2'3" to 2'9". It also offers some amazing views of the estate and palace and unique photo opportunities, as well as the opportunity to see secret areas of the park on horseback - something which is normally not accessible to everyday riders!
The ride is kindly officiated by the Bicester and Warden Hill Pony Club.
The 2017 fun ride will take place during the afternoon on Sunday 17th September. Places are £37.50 and include two complimentary tickets for Blenheim Palace International Horse Trials on Wednesday 13th September 2017.
NOTES FOR PARTICIPANTS:
- Start times will be available to download from this page on Friday 8th September 2017.
- Parking is in the Round Hill lorry park. Follow the signs for the fun ride lorry park on approach to the event site. Please park sensibly and do not leave unattended horses tied to lorries.
- The fun ride volunteers will be in the parking field from 11:30am.
- You will be required to wear a waist number throughout the ride.
- Please note that the fun ride pass does not include entry to the horse trials. Please purchase additional tickets in advance.
- Your fun ride passes have been sent to you via email.
Feedback from participants of the fun ride at Blenheim:
"This year reached a new level of ‘inclusiveness’ with the fun ride. Your team of organisers and stewards for the fun ride were superb" – Sue Eeley
"Please do it again next year!" – Kay Wright
"It all ran so smoothly and I think everyone loved riding around such a beautiful parkland and to be part of such a prestigious horse trials" – Clare Davis